I am trying to become more creatively active and so I made a scarf for my physician (red and white) as a thank you to her for making sure I didn’t have a heart attack over the past year. I also made (crocheted) a baby elephant. I crocheted most of him, he is cute as a button but I have to give my sister some credit as she crocheted 2 arms, his ears and sewed on his eyes. It was a group effort. Take a look!
On top of that I also baked a new cookie this week: (Gluten free Dairy free) Peanut Butter Cookies!
I completely went and dissected a cookie recipe I felt good about online. Needless to say it is not even close to the recipe it started out as. How did they come out? I love them, and my family loves them (and they eat wheat/dairy). They look great, taste fabulous and have a great cookie texture.
Here is my modified version:
(Gluten free Dairy free) Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4-1 cup smart balance creamy peanut butter (for extra omega 3’s)
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill White rice flour
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill All purpose gluten free baking mix
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 5 cups Old fashioned oats (not quick cook)
- (and I put 1 semi-sweet Nestle chocolate chip in the middle of each one)
- Preheat oven: 350 degrees
- Combine all dry ingredients into a medium size bowl. In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients together. Combine both wet and dry ingredients into the same bowl by add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl. Hand mix
- Prepare cookie sheets accordingly. Spray with non-stick
- Using a tablespoon, measure out and drop cookie dough on cookie sheets- approximately 12 cookies per sheet. Flatten dough to form small cookies. Bake for 10-15 minutes until cookies are lightly browned on top and cooked and browned on the bottom. Let cookies cool before
- Dough will be slightly crumbly- but press together into form on cookie sheets. After baking- let them cool until they are completely cool. They will keep shape/form after cooling. Gluten Free & Dairy Free. Low Cholesterol