*This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, egg free)*
Gluten Free Pizza Crust
- 1 package rapid active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 2-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Vegan egg replacer for 2 eggs (or 2 egg whites)
- Preheat oven 450 degrees. This will make 1 regular size pizza or 2 medium-small size pizzas.
- In a bowl combine sugar with warm water, let the sugar dissolve and then add the packet of dry rapid active yeast. Stir and then put the bowl in a warm dry place so the yeast can propagate- about 5
- Prepare a pizza pan or other pan accordingly. You will need to spray the pan with non-stick spray.
- In a separate bowl, combine: brown rice flour, tapioca flour, quinoa flour and cornmeal. Mix the dry flours together.
- After the yeast has propagated, pour all of the yeast/water in the bowl with the flours. Also pour in 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 tsp salt and your 2 eggs or vegan egg replacer for 2 eggs. Stir well until all is well combined. The dough will be sticky.
- Then sprinkle some cornstarch on your hands and form the dough into a ball or 2 balls. If you are going to season the crust you need to do it now. Then press the crust onto the pans.
- Let sit in a warm dry place while you make your toppings and sauce. (about 15 minutes)
- Then bake the crust without toppings on it for 5 minutes. Take it out of the oven and pour a small amount of olive oil over the top to moisten the crust a little more.
- Put your sauce and toppings on the pizza now. Then bake at 450 for another 15-25 minutes until well browned or until it reaches your desired doneness. Crust will be nice, slightly crisp and have a great texture.
If you need a quick pizza sauce I use: 1 small 8 oz can of Hunts® regular tomato sauce with 3/4 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp ground oregano, and 1 1/2 tsp dried basil. Mix together and heat on high until a slight boil. Then it is ready to go!
If you have any questions please contact me. I know what it is like to be free of many allergens and how hard it can be baking and cooking this way. I am happy to help you if I can.