*This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, egg free)*
Strawberry Quinoa Flax Muffins
Yields: 14 standard size muffins
- 1 cup oats – ground
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (1/2 cup dry)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup applesauce unsweetened
- 3/4 cup rice milk
- 1/8 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/8 cup Earth Balance Soy Free Butter melted or Smart Balance Light or other butter substitute
- 1 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup almonds finely chopped
- Preheat oven: 375 degrees
- Cook 1/2 cup dry quinoa until completely cooked. Set aside.
- Prepare a muffin pan with muffin cups. -Pre-wash, dry and cut strawberries into small 1/2 inch pieces. Chop almonds finely and put in a small bowl, set aside.
- You will need two bowls; 1 large and 1 medium size. Combine all dry ingredients in the large bowl. Combine all wet ingredients in the medium size bowl. Stir both separately.
- When you have everything ready to go, very slowly and gently stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients large bowl. After everything is well mixed (NOTE: Do NOT over mix.) then fold in the strawberries gently. (Do not over mix strawberries in either).
- Scoop mixture into muffin cups accordingly. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of ground almonds over the muffins, pressing gently.
- Then bake muffins for about 45 minutes (more or less depending on your oven) or until toothpick inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool completely before eating and/or serving.
If you have any questions please contact me. I know what it is like to be free of many allergens and how hard it can be baking and cooking this way. I am happy to help you if I can.