I find that some healthy morning habits are those of Ayurvedic living.
Dr. John Douillard (LifeSpa.com), Banyan Botanicals and The Chopra Center all have lists for the Ayurvedic Morning Routine and they usually consist of some variant of the following:
- Get up before the sun / or before 6:00am (before Kapha time starts)
- Stretch and/or do Yoga, Exercise
- Do a daily self-massage
- Take a shower
- Scrape your tongue
- Eat breakfast
- Brush your teeth
- Then start your day
This is not the exact list from any of the three I mentioned but a general idea of what I remember reading from all three websites.
Additionally, they would mention things for the rest of the day like:
- Eating your biggest meal around noon (Pitta time)
- Eating a small dinner
- Winding down after 6:00pm
- Turn off our tech, phones, etc.
- Getting into bed before 10:00pm